The Oregon Military Department’s (OMD), mission was to provide headquarters that would bring all statewide units, groups and stakeholders together under one command. The new Major General George White headquarters needed to accommodate enhanced anti-terrorism measures, seismic essential facility requirements, along with the agency’s sustainability and design excellence goals. The location chosen is part of a Master Plan that will eventually incorporate all of the command and control functions for the staff and officers within a working and walkable campus, lending to better collaboration within the stakeholders. OMD also requested that their building be conceptually strong, site specific, humane, enhance the experience of users, and serve to attract and retain a talented workforce.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US:
Miller Consulting Engineers (MCE) is a well-established, growing structural engineering firm located in SW Portland, OR. We provide diversified structural engineering services to a variety of clients and design using a full array of materials including timber, steel, masonry, concrete, and composites. Consulting is a fast-paced business and last year we completed over 1,500 projects.
MCE offers a competitive benefits package and growth opportunities. We also support continuing education and training to encourage your potential.
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Company profit sharing & retirement contribution
- Work-life balance
Employer paid benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
If you're interested in joining our growing team, look through our current openings below and submit your résumé and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
Associate Structural Engineer I (3+ years experience and license)
- Perform calculations, develop loading requirements, & create accurate & concise drawings
- Communicate effectively & professionally with senior engineers & clients regarding status of new & ongoing projects
- Pay attention to client expectations & scope adjustments, work closely with senior engineers
- Perform research & conduct field investigations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- PE license & 3+ years of experience is required
- Preferred to have personal vehicle & the minimum required Oregon insurance for site visits
- Ability to generate creative solutions within existing limitations
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Contributes to positive team spirit