The Fairview Lake Outlet Structure is a low-head concrete dam installed to provide flood protection and hydraulic control over the Fairview Lake. Miller Consulting Engineers, Inc. performed structural design and analysis of the concrete diversion structure, the concrete flow channel, the sidewalls, the stop logs, steel walkways, and the steel gate structure. In addition to the structural design, significant consideration was given to protecting the structure from public access and vandalism, as well as access to other control elements during high water conditions. Other pertinent design considerations were to prevent impact to an adjacent highway bridge abutment structure and roadway in the event of extreme high water conditions. The completed work included structural calculations, drawings, and material specifications. Construction services were also performed along with review of testing and inspection reports to facilitate the successful completion of the construction.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US:
Miller Consulting Engineers (MCE) is a well-established, growing structural engineering firm located in SW Portland, OR. We provide diversified structural engineering services to a variety of clients and design using a full array of materials including timber, steel, masonry, concrete, and composites. Consulting is a fast-paced business and last year we completed over 1,500 projects.
MCE offers a competitive benefits package and growth opportunities. We also support continuing education and training to encourage your potential.
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Company profit sharing & retirement contribution
- Work-life balance
Employer paid benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
If you're interested in joining our growing team, look through our current openings below and submit your résumé and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
Associate Structural Engineer I (3+ years experience and license)
- Perform calculations, develop loading requirements, & create accurate & concise drawings
- Communicate effectively & professionally with senior engineers & clients regarding status of new & ongoing projects
- Pay attention to client expectations & scope adjustments, work closely with senior engineers
- Perform research & conduct field investigations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- PE license & 3+ years of experience is required
- Preferred to have personal vehicle & the minimum required Oregon insurance for site visits
- Ability to generate creative solutions within existing limitations
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Contributes to positive team spirit